Instagram is a mobile photo-sharing service that allows its users to take a picture, apply a digital filter to it and share it on a variety of social networking services, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram itself.
If you don't already have Instagram on your android mobile or iPhone, you can get it from the App Store or Google play.
You use the 'Instagram Feed' widget to display the latest photos from your Instagram feed on your Create website as a slideshow or a gallery!
Example Instagram Slideshow Example Instagram Gallery
Setup is quick and easy. Just follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Create account.
- Click "Content" from the Top Menu.
- Click "Widgets" from the left-hand menu.
- Click "Add New Widget".
- Click "Add Widget" next to the 'Instagram Feed' widget.
- A new window will appear to prompt you to log in to your Instagram account. If you are already logged in on your browser, you will be logged in automatically.
- Now you need to choose your layout. Select either "Slideshow" or "Gallery" and customise using the options. (If choosing 'slideshow', note that 'Slideshow Timer' refers to whether the slideshow advances to the next image automatically or not.)
- Click "Save Changes".
Now you can add your Instagram Feed slideshow or gallery to one of your pages.
- Click "Content" on the Top Menu.
- Click "Edit" next to the page where you would like to place the Instagram Feed slideshow or gallery.
- Click your cursor on the location on your page where you would like your slideshow or gallery to appear.
- On the Editor Toolbar click the "Widget" button (this looks like a little lightning bolt.)
- A new window will pop up containing a list of all your widgets. Select the widget that you wish to insert from the list and click the "OK" button.
- A grey placeholder graphic will appear where the Slideshow will display on your live site.
- Click the "Save & Exit" button.
- Publish your site for the changes to take effect.
The Instagram Feed widget is available on all current packages. Please note that Instagram videos will not currently play on the Instagram feed widget.