Social Media is one of the most effective ways to promote your business and reach a wider audience. It allows you to reach new potential customers at the click of a button, but what better way to advertise your site then to let existing customers comment and share their thoughts on your website on their own profile!
With the Facebook Comments Box this is exactly what you can facilitate and encourage. It allows your customers to post comments about your website in the comment boxand it appears on their Facebook profile. This is perfect for any products you would like reviewing or where customers could leave comments about their experience with your business. In this guide we will be looking at how to add this to your website.
How to set up the Facebook Comments widget
To set up this widget please follow these steps:
- Click “Content” from the Top Menu.
- Select “Widgets” from the left-hand menu.
- Click the “Add New Widget” button.
- Click on the “Facebook Comments” box.
- Name your widget by filling in the “Widget Name” field.
- Choose whether you would like customers to comment on the “Current Website Page” that they are on or a “Custom URL”. If you would like them to comment on another page then please fill in the URL of this custom page in the “Enter your custom URL” field.
- Choose the width of your widget in the drop-down list, from “Small”, “Medium” or “Large”.
- In the “Number of posts to display” field, enter the number of posts you would like visible in your comments box.
- From the “Colour Scheme” drop-down list choose the colour of your widget box. You can see the different colour options available below:
- Click the “Save Changes” button in the bottom left-hand corner
How to add the Facebook Comments widget to your page
Now your comments box is all set up and ready to go, you will now need to add this to your website page.To do this please follow these instructions:
For Content Pages
If you are using Content Pages then click here
to see how to add Facebook Comments using a Custom Block.
For Pagebuilder Pages
- Click "Design" from the Top Menu.
- Browse your site to find the page you would like to add the widget to.
- Click the "Edit Mode" toggle on the menu to turn editing on.
- Double click when you are in your content area (when the mouse pointer changes to a hand).
- Click on the page to position the cursor where you would like the widget to appear when the site is published.
- Click on the "Widgets" icon (lightening bolt) in the editor toolbar.
- Select the “Facebook Comments” Widget from the drop-down list and click "OK".
- Click "Save Changes" to confirm.
Please remember you will need to "Publish To Web" for the changes to take effect on your live site.
Once this has been added to your site your Facebook Comments box will appear on your live site, as shown below:
If you have any questions about this, please do contact your Account Manager, we are here to help!