An RSS Feed is a well established format for those that want to subscribe to a blog or news section of a website. The RSS Feed widget is a great way of bringing in relevant information to your site, and making your website the only place your visitors need to go. It’s also a great way to bring your blog or news content to your home screen, and with the handy customisation options you can make it blend in beautifully.
You can upload an RSS Feed to your site using the Widgets feature on the left hand menu on your “Content” screen.
Follow these steps below to add your own RSS feed widget:
- Login to your Create account and go to your "Content" screen
- Select "Widgets" from the left hand menu
- Click on “Add New Widget” and select “RSS Feed Reader”
- The next page allows you to change your settings, make colour schemes match with your website’s and most importantly tell it where you want to RSS feed to pull it’s information from. For example you can put a Blog’s address in the ‘RSS URL:’ field to have that news come straight to your site.
- Click “Save Widget” and you’re done!
To add the widget to your site pages:
- Go to “Edit” the page you wish to insert the widget onto
- Click your cursor onto the page where you want your Widget to appear
- Click on the “Widget” icon from the top tool bar and select your RSS widget from the list
- Click “Insert”.
- Click ‘Save Changes’
Your customers can then subscribe to your blog using the RSS feed widget.