Add Your Domain To Your Create Account
First you'll need to add the domain name to your Create account. To do this please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Create account
- Click on "Account" on the top menu
- Click on "Manage Domain Names & Email"
- Click on the button "Add Existing Domain"
- In the box type the domain name you want to add to your account, for example: your-domain.com, and click the "Add" button
- Verify that you already own this domain by clicking "Yes, I own this domain"
- The domain name will then be linked to your Create account
Configure Your Domain Settings
Next you will need to log in to your Easily account and configure some settings to point it to your Create website.
The specific settings you need will be displayed in your Create account in the "Manage Domain Names & Email" area where you added the domain name. You will see the CNAME and A records you need to update to beneath your added domain name.
To point your domain name to your Create website using Easily follow these steps:
- Login to your Easily account
- In the top right corner click on "My Account"
- On the Control Panel page click the small round "D" button to the left of "Administer My Domain Names". You will see a list of your domain names with small round buttons to the right of each of them
- Click the "D" button beside the domain name that you want to configure to use with your Create website
- Two records need updating in your domain settings area, a CNAME and an A record. These will look like the following:
Scroll down next to a drop down with an "A" on it, and click the "Add DNS Record" button.
Ensure the "Domain:" field contains @, and enter the IP address shown in your Create account, for your Record Type "A" into the "IP Address:" field.
Next add the CNAME, select "CNAME" from the drop down box and click "Add DNS record"
Enter the C Name record "www" with the web address shown in your Create account, for your Record Type "CNAME"
Click “Update” to commit this change.
- For "www" point it to the web address shown for your Record Type "CNAME"
- For "@" or "blank" point it to the IP address shown for your Record Type "A"
Allow around 30 minutes for the settings to be updated (this might take longer depending on how quickly your provider makes the changes). Then click the button "Check Domain Settings" and our system will check the settings you have created. If correct the setup settings for the domain name will disappear.
NOTE: These steps are a guideline and may not remain accurate as outside registrars updates sites regularly. It's worth finding your registrar's guide on updating a domain's DNS settings or speaking with their support team if you're not sure how to make these changes.