A website footer is used to display information which you would like to be shown on every page of your website. It displays below the main content of your website page and is generally used to provide information such as social network profiles, newsletter signups as well as other contact and general information.
Your Create website footer can be easily customised and includes options to automatically display social profile links, accepted payment card logos, a copyright notice and a newsletter signup form. The screenshot below is an example of how this content displays on a Create website.
To edit your website footer, please follow these instructions.
1. Log in to your account and go to the "Content" screen
2. Click "Site Footer" in the left-hand menu
3. You will now be provided with the different options available to customise your website footer.
The custom footer field will allow you to build completely custom content to be displayed using the standard editor. This can be a useful space for adding links to your terms and conditions, for example.
From here you can set up your social profiles as icon links to be displayed in your website header, footer or both.
1. Click "Add" to be displayed a list of available social profiles to link to
2. Select one or multiple profiles to display and click "Add"
3. Enter your username or unique url ID into the relevant field. If you have already added this profile through Connections it will display in a dropdown under the input field. For more information on Connections, please read our HelpCentre Guide.
If a profile which you would like to use is not currently available, please contact your Account Manager to request it.
Newsletter Signup Form
This option will display a single form field which will allow your website visitors to register their interest in signing up to your website mailing list. You will be automatically notified of the email address to be added.
Accepted Card Logos
This option will display all of the payment cards that you accept through your Create website checkout. The list of cards is built from your selected options in your Payment Gateway setup.
This option will display your company name next to a copyright symbol and the current year. If you would like to edit your company name, please click the "Site Details" tab in "Site Information".
If you have any questions or need any help amending your footer content, please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager who will be happy to advise!