Add Your Domain To Your Create Account
First you'll need to add the domain name to your Create account. To do this please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Create account
- Click on the Account Icon in the top-right corner of your account.
- Click 'Site' from the Account Drop-Down
- Click on "Manage Domain Names & Email"
- Click on the button "Add Existing Domain"
- In the box type the domain name you want to add to your account, for example: your-domain.com, and click the "Add" button
- Verify that you already own this domain by clicking "Yes, I own this domain"
- The domain name will then be linked to your Create account
Configure Your Domain Settings
Next you will need to log in to your 123-Reg account and configure some settings to point it to your Create website.
The specific settings you need will be displayed in your Create account in the "Manage Domain Names & Email" area where you added the domain name. You will see the CNAME and A records you need to update to beneath your added domain name.
To point your domain name to your Create website using 123-Reg follow these steps:
- Login to your 123-Reg account
- Scroll down to the heading "Domain Names"
- Select your domain name from the drop-down box and click the "Manage" button
- Click the link "Manage DNS (A, MX, CNAME, TXT, SRV)"
- Click the "Advanced DNS" tab
- Two records need updating in your domain settings area, a CNAME and an A record. These will look like the following:
- For "www" point it to the web address shown for your Record Type "CNAME"
- For "@" or "blank" point it to the IP address shown for your Record Type "A"
- Under "Hostname" field, enter "www" into the box, select CNAME from the Type drop down box, and in the column headed "DESTINATION/TARGET", enter the web address shown in your Create account for your Record Type "CNAME" and click 'Add New Entry'
- Then repeat the previous step but under "Hostname" enter "@" into the box, select A from the Type drop down box, and in the column headed "DESTINATION/TARGET", enter the IP address shown in your Create account for your Record Type "A" and click 'Add New Entry'
- Ensure you delete any other A records for the hostname @ or www as these could conflict with your new settings.
- Your changes should go through within 24 hours.
Allow around 30 minutes for the settings to be updated (this might take longer depending on how quickly your provider makes the changes). Then click the button "Check Domain Settings" and our system will check the settings you have created. If correct the setup settings for the domain name will disappear.
NOTE: These steps are a guideline and may not remain accurate as outside registrars updates sites regularly. It's worth finding your registrar's guide on updating a domain's DNS settings or speaking with their support team if you're not sure how to make these changes.