There may be instances when you wish to temporarily prevent customers from ordering from your shop - for example, if you are going to go on holiday or need to process a stock check. Fortunately, you can easily switch the shopping basket facility off on your shop to prevent orders from taking place.
To turn off your shop basket please follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your Create account.
2. Click Shop from the top menu.
3. Select General Configuration from the drop-down menu
4. Click the General tab.
5. On the Shopping Basket option, toggle this to Off
6. Click Save Changes
We also recommend you turn off the basket from showing in your website header if you have that enabled. To do this, please follow these steps below:
1. Click Design from the top menu
2. Click Edit Header in the left-hand menu
3. Click Header Settings located at the top of the left-hand menu
4. Click the Content tab
5. Toggle Off the Show Basket Option
We also recommend disabling any Payment Gateways you have active on your website.
You can do this in the following section of your account:
1. Click Shop in the top-menu followed by Payment Gateways in the drop-down menu
2. Toggle the switch Off next to the different Payment Gateways you have added.
After changing all of the above settings, we finally recommend you re-publish your website to ensure the changes are made to your live website.