- Create HelpCentre
- Designing and Building Your Website
- Adding Your Content
How to pin point multiple locations on Google maps.
If you want to display a map on your website that has more than one location plotted on it, you will need to create this on the Google Maps website and then embed it on to your Create site.
Firstly you will need to generate your map with the multiple locations plotted. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Go to http://maps.google.co.uk
- Click on "My Places" (you may be prompted to log in to your Google account here).
- Click the red button labeled "Create New Map".
- Give your map a title and description, then click "Save".
- Zoom in to the rough area you wish to pinpoint.
- Click the blue tear drop icon located in the top right of the map screen. This is called the "Add a Place mark" tool.
- Your cursor will change into a place mark icon with the "X" crosshairs when you hover over the map now. The crosshairs indicate where the place mark will fall. Click to drop your place mark and then follow the onscreen instructions to save it.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each location you wish to plot.
An example of plotting your locations on the Google map
Once you have done that save your map again and refresh the page.
Then, to get the code to embed your map on to your Create website, please follow these steps:
- Click the grey link icon that is next to the printer icon.
- Under the section titled "Paste HTML to embed in website" click once and then copy the code.
- To use this, you will need to paste the code into an HTML fragment on your Create account, and then place the HTML fragment on your chosen page.
- Republish your website.
You can read how to add and use HTML fragments on your website here.
You will now have a map with more than one location on your website.
An example Create site with the multiple location map on.
As an alternative to this solution, don't forget you can also just have two maps on your website with one location per map. The easiest way to do this it to use our Google Map widget, which you can read how to set up here.