Add Your Domain To Your Create Account
First you'll need to add the domain name to your Create account. To do this please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Create account
- Click on "Account" on the top menu
- Click on "Manage Domain Names & Email"
- Click on the button "Add Existing Domain"
- In the box type the domain name you want to add to your account, for example: your-domain.com, and click the "Add" button
- Verify that you already own this domain by clicking "Yes, I own this domain"
- The domain name will then be linked to your Create account
Configure Your Domain Settings
Next you will need to log in to your Names.co account and configure some settings to point it to your Create website.
The specific settings you need will be displayed in your Create account in the "Manage Domain Names & Email" area where you added the domain name. You will see the CNAME and A records you need to update to beneath your added domain name.
To point your domain name to your Create website using Names.co follow these steps*:
- Log in to your Names.co account
- On the left-hand menu click "Domain Names"
- Click on the domain name that you want to use with your Create website
- On the left-hand menu click "DNS & Transfer Options"
- Scroll down to the heading that says "A, CNAME and TXT records"
- Two records need updating in your domain settings area, a CNAME and an A record. These will look like the following:
- For "www" point it to the web address shown for your Record Type "CNAME"
- For "@" or "blank" point it to the IP address shown for your Record Type "A"
- Under "Host name" find the entry for "www", edit this record and choose CNAME for your record type. In the box for the column headed "Result" enter the web address shown in your Create account for your record type "CNAME"
- Repeat step 7, but look for a blank host name, leave this blank and choose CNAME for your record type. In the box in the column headed "Result" enter the IP address shown in your Create account for your record type "A".
- Scroll down and click the "Save" button. Your change should go through within 24 hours
NOTE: These steps are a guideline and may not remain accurate as outside registrars updates sites regularly. It's worth finding your registrars guide on updating a domains DNS settings or speaking with their support team if you're not sure how to make these changes.