Add Your Domain To Your Create Account
First you'll need to add the domain name to your Create account. To do this please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Create account
- Click on "Account" on the top menu
- Click on "Manage Domain Names & Email"
- Click on the button "Add Existing Domain"
- In the box type the domain name you want to add to your account, for example: your-domain.com, and click the "Add" button
- Verify that you already own this domain by clicking "Yes, I own this domain"
- The domain name will then be linked to your Create account
Configure Your Domain Settings
Next you will need to log in to your BT Business Connect account and configure some settings to point it to your Create website.
The specific settings you need will be displayed in your Create account in the "Manage Domain Names & Email" area where you added the domain name. You will see the CNAME and A records you need to update to beneath your added domain name.
To point your domain name to your Create website using BT Business Connect follow these steps:
- Log in to your BT Business Connect account as the primary user
- In the domains section, click on "Manage your domain name". The BT Domains Centre opens with the Domain Maintenance page.
- Click on "Manage" next to the domain name you wish to alter (all of your BT Business Domain Names will be listed here).
- Select "Advanced Domain Manager" from the left hand menu.
- Two records need updating or adding in your domain settings area, a CNAME and an A record. These will look like the following:
- For "www" point it to the web address shown for your Record Type "CNAME"
- For "@" or "blank" point it to the IP address shown for your Record Type "A"
- In the first available drop down, under Type, select CNAME.
- In the Key field add www, and in the Value field enter the web address shown for your Record Type "CNAME" in your Create account.
- Repeat this procedure again, however this time select the option for the "A" record in the "Type" drop down list, add an @ sign in to the Key field and enter the IP address shown for your Record Type "A" in your Create account, in the Value field.
- Click "Save" to finalise the change.
Allow around 30 minutes for the settings to be updated (this might take longer depending on how quickly your provider makes the changes). Then click the button "Check Domain Settings" and our system will check the settings you have created. If correct the setup settings for the domain name will disappear.
NOTE: These steps are a guideline and may not remain accurate as outside registrars updates sites regularly. It's worth finding your registrar's guide on updating a domain's DNS settings or speaking with their support team if you're not sure how to make these changes.