If you would like to show your sub categories in a side column, then you will need to create them manually by adding a "Standard Content Box", from the "Side Column" drop down menu on your "Design" screen.
When you go to "Edit" the side column box you can type in your Shop categories as you want them to appear and then make the text into links to your Shops categories following the instructions below:
- First write the text or insert the image you would like to use as your link, for example "Gloves".
- Now highlight the text or image and click on the "Insert/Edit Link" icon which looks like a sideways eight on the top toolbar.
- This will pop up an option box, select "Internal Link" and then select the page you would like from the drop down list, for example "Shop".
- You should now see a further drop down list appear below. Click on the drop down arrow and select the product or category you wish to link to in your Shop.
- Click "Insert" and the text or image will become the link.