Blog > How to Use Google My Business
Posted By Create
Connect with your customers on a whole new level using the free service from Google, “Google My Business".
This handy tool will essentially allow business owners to control how their business appears in Google search results, maps, and more. This is now all done in one easy-to-use dashboard which can be accessed from your computer, Android phone or iOS phone.
Why get Google My Business?
This is a great way for people to find your brand and your website, it gives some amazing visibility to the right of where pay per click ad's are often situated. It is also completely free to set up and could bring in a lot more traffic and conversions to your site.
What does it do?
There are lots of great features for this app, below is an overview of what you can do:
- Manage your business listing details for Google searches, maps and Google+ all in one place.
- Upload some photos and a virtual tour of your business!
- Connect with your customers by sharing content and interacting with your followers via Google+.
- Check out your reviews from across the web and even respond to Google reviews.
- Use the new “Insights” reports to see how people find you and how they interact with your content.
- Talk to your customers directly! Using Google Hangouts, you will be able to have face-to-face chats with your customers - wherever they are!
How do I get started?
It's easy to get started with these steps:
- Head over to the Google My Business page here and click the blue “Get on Google” link.
- Enter your Business Name and Address in the Search Box.
- Select or Add Your Business. Click on your business listing if it appears among the suggested matches.
Verify your business
- Confirm your business
- Google will then automatically add all of your information to Google Search, Google Maps and Google+ once you've verified your business.
Where can I find out more?
You can head over to Google's website to read more and check out their FAQs here.