Blog > How to Host An End Of Summer Sale
Posted By Create
With summer coming to an end its a good opportunity to clear out your old stock and get ready for the busy festive period. A great way to do this is to set up a sale within your shop!
Here are just a few reasons why holding an end of summer sale is a good idea:
- Holding a sale is an excellent opportunity to clear older stock in order to make room for your Christmas products.
- If you present your sale impressively and promote it well, a sale is a great way to drive new business to your store right before your busiest period.
- Thanks to social media, you can promote and share news of your sale in a matter of minutes. You could put all your sale items on a dedicated Pinterest board, for example, and link them all back to your online sale.
- If you add an eye-catching link to your home page, in the form of a long banner or an image in your website's side column, people will notice this and step right into your online sale showroom.
- Create's Plus package allows you to to set up multiple sales and switch between them with ease, so you can save precious time by constantly offering your customers amazing value.
- If there's one thing people like more than a bargain, it's a last minute, well-earned bargain! Once the sale is approaching its end, make sure you let people know by updating your banner and sharing this news on social media or in a newsletter to your customers.
Create's Shop Sale feature gives you the power to lower the prices of selected products for as little or as long as you like. Plus your sale can be switched on or off at the click of a button, ideal for the run up to Christmas when you've got lots to do!
For some examples of successful Shop Sales, take a look at 'Feature Focus: Sell More Online With Shop Sale'.
Let us know when you're holding a sale on your Create online shop and we'll share it with the Create Community. You can reach us and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest or leave a link to your Summer Sale in the comments below!