Blog > How Facebook Can Boost Your Website Sales
Posted By Create
Facebook is so big you can guarantee your target market will be on there, based on demographic, location, age, interests and more. Here are Create’s tips on how to market and build your brand through Facebook.
Set up a Facebook Shop
- If some of your customers are on Facebook, it’s a good idea to set up a Facebook Shop to give you more opportunities to get sales.
- Create has it’s own Facebook Shop feature to export your site straight to Facebook - it’s easy to use.
- Monitoring where most of your sales are coming from will tell you where to focus your attention. With over 1.23 billion users, Facebook could well be one of the most profitable routes to use for your business.
Understand your Facebook audience’s preferences and cater to them. Facebook’s algorithm for its content changes all the time; right now it prioritises like this:
- Live video
- Timely content (e.g. news)
- Friends and family content
- Content with high number of shares
- Status updates and content with high number of likes
- Content with links.
You want to rise up Facebook’s algorithm ranks, eg. if you make a funny and relevant video (which your audience would find entertaining), the more likely it’ll get shared - the more shares the bigger your audience and potential sales.
Facebook collects lots of key information about its users which gives you a great platform for targeted ads. Use Facebook Ads Manager to choose:
- All about the target audience you want to see it (their age, likes, level of education, location etc.)
- The types of device to show your advert on (mobile, desktop, tablet)
It’s a good idea to start by targeting your existing market. If the bulk of your customers are women between the ages of 25 and 50, begin by focusing there and expand if it proves profitable.
The information Facebook Ads can give you is invaluable: the more you know about your target audience the easier it will be to create targeted ads. Don’t make the mistake of catering to who you THINK your customer is: focus on the data that Facebook gives you. You may be surprised.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your business is, or how far you want to take it: with Facebook you can tailor your marketing to suit your budget and time pressures. Facebook is still growing all the time and is the perfect partner for your site to really take off.
With Create, it’s easy to link your site to your Facebook page and start increasing those sales!
For more ways on how to social media can make you money, check out our post on how Twitter can boost your website sales.